Menu Close
Knowledge Base Help Center
< All Topics
Print

How much do employers pay for apprenticeship training?

98% of businesses pay a minimum of just 5% of the apprenticeship training costs The government pays the remaining 95%. They will pay the training provider directly and agree on a payment schedule.

If the business employs fewer than 50 employees, the government will pay 100% of apprenticeship training costs up to the funding band maximum for apprentices aged:

  • 16 to 18
  • 19 to 24 with an education, health and care plan provided by their local authority or has been in the care of their local authority

The remaining 2% of businesses (those with an annual wage bill over £3 million) pay into an Apprenticeship Levy. The government tops up the Levy accounts by 10%. These funds can then be used to pay for apprenticeship training. If they do not have enough funds, they just pay 5% of the outstanding balance and the government will pay the rest. This is up to the funding band maximum allocated to each specific apprenticeship.

Previous How long does an Apprenticeship last?
Next How much will I earn as an apprentice?
Table of Contents