As part of the Prevent strategy, RM Training promote Fundamental British Values to reflect life in modern Britain.
These values are:
A culture built upon freedom and equality, where everyone is aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- Leadership and accountability
- Joint decision making
- Team meetings
- The right to protest and petition
- Receiving and giving feedback
Rule of Law
The need for rules to make a happy, safe and secure environment to live and work.
- Agreed ways of working, policies and procedures
- How the law protects you and others
- Codes of Conduct
Respect and Tolerance
Understanding that we all don’t share the same beliefs and values. Respecting the values, ideas and beliefs of others whilst not imposing our own others.
- Embracing diversity
- The importance of religion, traditions, cultural heritage and preferences
- Tackling stereotyping, labeling, prejudice and discrimination
Protection of your rights and the right of others you work with.
- Equality and Human Rights
- Personal Development
- Respect and Dignity
- Rights, choice, consent and individuality
- Values and principles
Fundamental British Values underpin what it is to be a citizen in a modern and diverse Great Britain valuing our community and celebrating diversity of the UK.
Fundamental British Values are not exclusive to being British and are shared by other democratic countries as a way of creating an orderly society, where individual members can feel safe, valued and can contribute for the good of themselves and others.
These will mirror the principles and values of RM Training and all the occupational areas that we support.
These will occur throughout your Apprenticeship programme and will be promoted by the staff with whom you come into contact.