Management - Operations/Departmental Manager Level 5 Apprenticeship
About The Course
Level 5 managers are responsible for everything from creating and delivering operational plans, managing projects, and leading and managing teams, to managing change, financial and resource management.
Responsibilities also include talent management, coaching and mentoring. Roles may include those of Operations Manager, Regional Manager, Divisional Manager, Department Manager as well as other specialist managers.
To qualify for an apprenticeship course, the following criteria must be met:
- Be aged 16+ at the time of enrolment
- Be a citizen of the UK or European Economic Area (EEA), or have lived in the UK or EEA for the past three consecutive years
- Be in full-time employment, working a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Not already hold a qualification at level 4/ foundation degree/HNC or above in the same area that you wish to study
- Be employed within a job role in which your day to day responsibilities support the knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Understand operational management approaches and models, including creating plans to deliver objectives and setting KPIs.
- Understand business development tools (eg SWOT), and approaches to continuous improvement. Understand operational business planning techniques, including how to manage resources, development of sales and marketing plans, setting targets and monitoring performance.
- Know how to set up and manage a project using relevant tools and techniques and understand process management. Understand approaches to risk management.
- Understand business finance: how to manage budgets, and financial forecasting.
- Understand interpersonal skills and different forms of communication and techniques (verbal, written, non-verbal, digital) and how to apply them appropriately.
- Know how to manage multiple teams, and develop high performing teams. Understand performance management techniques, talent management models and how to recruit and develop people.
- Understand different leadership styles, how to lead multiple and remote teams and manage team leaders. Know how to motivate and improve performance, supporting people using coaching and mentoring approaches. Understand organisational cultures and diversity and their impact on leading and managing change. Know how to delegate effectively.
- Understand approaches to partner, stakeholder and supplier relationship management including negotiation, influencing, and effective networking. Knowledge of collaborative working techniques to enable delivery through others and how to share best practice.
- Understand own impact and emotional intelligence. Understand different and learning and behaviour styles.
- Understand time management techniques and tools, and how to prioritise activities and the use of different approaches to planning, including managing multiple tasks.
- Understand organisational values and ethics and their impact on decision making.
- Able to input into strategic planning and create plans in line with organisational objectives.
- Support, manage and communicate change by identifying barriers and overcoming them.
- Plan, organise and manage resources to deliver required outcomes. Monitor progress, and identify risk and their mitigation.
- Able to monitor budgets and provide reports, and consider financial implications of decisions and adjust approach and recommendations accordingly.
- Able to create a personal development plan. Use of time management and prioritisation techniques.
- Able to undertake critical analysis and evaluation to support decision making Use of effective problem solving techniques
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal, non-verbal, written, digital) and be flexible in communication style. Able to chair meetings and present using a range of media. Use of active listening, and able to challenge and give constructive feedback.
- Able to reflect on own performance, working style and its impact on others.
- Takes responsibility
After successful completion of the Operations/Departmental Manager Apprenticeship, you can progress onto roles such as:
- Regional Manager
- Senior Manager
What Support Do Learners Receive?
Our programme is developed with a blended approach giving apprentices support in both the workplace alongside online learning resources to support their
Apprentices are provided with their own unique portal they can access to upload their work and receive feedback from their assessor.
Access to a vast amount of learning support materials that can be accessed at any time so they can make the most of their face to face training.
Dedicated Tutor Support
RM Training assessors support apprentices throughout the programme.
We will provide a single point of contact for any questions or help your apprentice needs.
Help apprentices to build their portfolio as the programme progresses.
Meet apprentices and their managers regularly in the workplace to check their progress and provide support where required.