Management - Team Leader Supervisor Level 3 Apprenticeship
About The Course
Designed for Level 3 managers with operational/project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome.
They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals.
Jobs within this sector which are supported by this qualification could include:
- Team Leader
- Project Officer
- Shift Supervisor
- Shift Manager.
To qualify for an apprenticeship course, the following criteria must be met:
- Be aged 16+ at the time of enrolment
- Be a citizen of the UK or European Economic Area (EEA), or have lived in the UK or EEA for the past three consecutive years
- Be in full-time employment, working a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Not already hold a qualification at level 4/ foundation degree/HNC or above in the same area that you wish to study
- Be employed within a job role in which your day to day responsibilities support the knowledge, skills and behaviours
- To understand different leadership styles and the benefits of coaching to support people and improve performance
- Understand people and team management models, including team dynamics and motivation techniques
- Understand HR systems and legal requirements, and performance management techniques including setting goals and objectives, conducting appraisals, reviewing performance, absence management, providing constructive feedback, and recognising achievement and good behaviour.
- Understand approaches to customer and stakeholder relationship management, including emotional intelligence and managing conflict. Know how to facilitate cross team working to support delivery of organisational objectives.
- Understand different forms of communication and their application. Know how to chair meetings, hold challenging conversations, provide constructive feedback and understand how to raise concerns.
- Understand how organisational strategy is developed
- Understand the project lifecycle and roles. Know how to deliver a project including: managing resources, identifying risks and issues, using relevant project management tools.
- Understand organisational governance and compliance, and how to deliver Value for Money. Know how to monitor budgets to ensure efficiencies and that costs do not overrun.
- Know how to be self-aware and understand unconscious bias and inclusivity. Understand learning styles, feedback mechanisms and how to use emotional intelligence
- Understand time management techniques and tools, and how to prioritise activities and approaches to planning
- Understand problem solving and decision-making techniques, and how to analyse data to support decision making.
- Leading people and being able to communicate organisation strategy and team purpose.
- Adapt style to suit the audience
- Support the development of the team and people through coaching, role modelling values and behaviours, and managing change effectively
- Able to build a high-performing team by supporting and developing individuals, and motivating them to achieve
- Building trust with and across the team, using effective negotiation and influencing skills.
- Building relationships with customers and managing these effectively
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal, written, digital), chair meetings and present to team and management.
- Takes responsibility
After successful completion of the Team Leader Supervisor Apprenticeship, you can progress onto roles such as:
- Operations/Departmental Manager Level 5 Apprenticeship
- Assistant Manager
- Business Manager
- District/Regional Manager
- Senior Leader
What Support Do Learners Receive?
Our programme is developed with a blended approach giving apprentices support in both the workplace alongside online learning resources to support their
Apprentices are provided with their own unique portal they can access to upload their work and receive feedback from their assessor.
Access to a vast amount of learning support materials that can be accessed at any time so they can make the most of their face to face training.
Dedicated Tutor Support
RM Training assessors support apprentices throughout the programme.
We will provide a single point of contact for any questions or help your apprentice needs.
Help apprentices to build their portfolio as the programme progresses.
Meet apprentices and their managers regularly in the workplace to check their progress and provide support where required.