The health and safety of our learners, employers and colleagues is our number one priority at RM Training. We want to ensure that everyone understands our plans to ensure learners can confidently continue working towards their apprenticeship qualification with minimal disruption to their progress and that employers provide a safe environment for all within the workplace.
BBC News has announced that Covid-19 is still spreading around the world, from September 2021 to the time of this post (November 2021), there has been a steady rise in cases. As a result, we need to ensure that we all do our bit to try and prevent/reduce the spread of coronavirus.
We encourage everyone to take 2 lateral flow tests every week: one on the morning of the beginning of the week or the night before and another in the middle of the week.
If your employer doesn’t supply lateral flow tests, you can get them delivered to your house through the Government website: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests or alternatively, email email@example.com with the subject ‘lateral flow tests’ so that we can get you a box of them. If you are still having difficulties retrieving a box, please contact your assessor who always carries spare boxes of lateral flow tests.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19, you should get a PCR test done. Symptoms could include:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- Loss or change of sense of smell or taste
A PCR test kit can be sent to your home or you can book an appointment at a walk-in or drive through test site.
If you are getting a PCR test because you have had a positive day 2 lateral flow test, you can only get the test sent to your home.
You can also get a PCR test if you have no symptoms. Reasons to also get a PCR test include:
- You’ve been in contact with someone who has tested positive
- You’ve been asked to get a test by a local council or someone from NHS Test and Trace
- A GP or other heath professional has asked you to get a test
- You’re taking part in a Government pilot project
- You have been asked to get a test to confirm a positive result
- You’ve received an unclear result and were told to get a second test
- You need to get a test for someone you live with who has no symptoms
If you need a PCR test, you can book or order one here:
If you would like more information or have any questions regarding staying safe in the workplace, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org